Happy New Year everyone! My very first post to welcome 2014.
Have you ever had a situation where you don’t have enough fresh ingredients because you miscalculated the number of dishes to prepare in a meal? Well, I do…and when I encounter this situation, the 10-minute Miso Soup comes to my rescue.
This is the easiest & fastest soup to make (and also the cheat-way) 🙂 My lil’ one loves Miso Soup and she can finish at least 2 bowls of it. All you need is the Miso Paste, dry seaweed and tofu. All ingredients can be easily purchased from your neighbourhood Asian Grocery.
10-Minute Miso Soup
2 tbsp Dashi miso paste
1 tsp dry seaweed
1/2 block soft tofu, cut into small squares
Handful cut spring onion (optional)
1. Bring a pot of water to boil.
2. While waiting for the water to boil, soak dry seaweed in small bowl of water for 10 minutes. The seaweed will absorb the water and open up into leafy seaweed. Drain and set aside.
3. Once water is boiled, add Dashi miso paste and turn the fire down to medium. Cook for 5 minutes and stir until dashi paste is fully dissolved in the water. Taste.
4. Then add seaweed and tofu into the soup and simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Just before you serve, drop some spring onion into the soup.
Voila! That’s the quick and easy way to cook Miso Soup.